This is an oldy but a goody!
I needed a project for my busy Toddler. I had just recently collected some pine cones from my dads house, because you never know when you will need pine cones ;) I remembered a project from when I was a kid. The bird feeder made from a pine cone. The only thing I needed to buy was the bird seed at $3.00. Tis the season to be thinking of gift giving. This is a great gift for your child to make and give to their grandparents or neighbors.
String (I only had dental floss)
Spoons or Butter Knife
For making it a gift:
1. Scoop some peanut butter in a cup for dipping.
2. Tie a string around the pine cone (the only string I had in my house was dental floss!)
3. Give your kid the pine cone and the peanut butter and let the mess begin!
4. Pour a cup with bird seed over the peanut butter. The tray will contain most of the bird seed, to keep reusing.
5. Tie it to a tree branch. My son was watching it all day to see if the birds were snacking. Sadly the birds were too quick for my camera.
Clean up: Hose your kid down, because the peanut butter was every where.
Toddler tested and baby approved: