How about them apples!
Real mom's photo of burnt (crispy) pie, husband said it tasted great! This is why I spend no time on making it pretty, just get the ingredients right ;)
|Put foil on for the last 30 minutes, so it does not end up crispy like mine ;) lol|
I recently went on a family trip, to Apple Hill. We go every year, and every year I get inspired to bake an apple pie. I ran across this delicious recipe a few years ago, from Paula Deen. I don't make it fancy, I don't have time to make beautiful cut outs. Just slap it together and bake, after all, it's the taste that matters!!
Two things I do that make this recipe good and easy to clean up
1. Use Trader Joe's ready made pie dough
2. Use an empty bowl for trash, makes it a breeze to clean up
The set up
|All your ingredients for greatness|
|Every thing I used, except the oven|
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, to taste
- 7 medium apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Open the package and use 1 round to line a 9-inch pie pan. Mound the apple and sugar mixture into the pie pan lined with dough. Dot with the cubed butter.
Place the remaining round on top of apple mound. Trim the overhanging dough and crimp edges.