|I would love to walk into this bedroom each night.|
Source: The Tiny Abode
So, my sweet husband said I could re-decorate our bedroom for my birthday present this year. I’m just starting…haven’t gotten very far yet. Decorating a bedroom is a challenge for a busy Mom & Dad of a toddler and two black cats, who like nice things but are realistic as to what they can and can’t have (ie. white duvet cover-white anything for that matter).
I’ve been jotting down some ideas that are quick and easy and some that are great but maybe a little more expensive, to freshen up our room. Here’s what I’ve come up with:
1. $ Deep clean your rug or carpet with a steam cleaner or hire a professional – OMG, it’s like getting a new rug. And it kind of grosses you out at how dirty your rugs can get at the same time. You can rent a steam cleaner from your grocery store or even a u-haul store for about $44 including the cleaning products. Find out where to rent one here.
2. $ Switch around your art and lamps - We have different art pieces, photography and lighting all over the house. Sometimes it’s nice to switch things up and put those pieces in different places/rooms. Re-decorate using your own stuff!
3. $ Paint your headboard a color - How cool would it be to have this pop of color in your room!?
|Source: Mr Kate|
4. $ Let the light in - Sometimes it's the little things... If you have bulky curtains, tie them back. If you have blinds, keep them open during the day. Light makes any room feel bright and cheerful. Throw a little windex onto those windows too for some extra sparkle (don't forget the outside).
5. $-$$ Bring the freshness of nature in -
|Source: Botany Factory|
$$-$$$ Or add some wood elements to bring the outdoors in. Just a splash of wood, don't get carried away with too much of any trend. I almost bought this twig mirror from West Elm to go in our new room but I already had too many mirrors going on.
|Source: West Elm|
6. $$$ Buy yourself some new bedding - What's better than getting into a cozy bed with all new sheets/duvet/pillows etc.? My room is fairly modern so I wanted to soften it up. I grabbed this new duvet and sham set at Pottery Barn. These are the other ones I was trying to decide from:
|Source: Pottery Barn|
|Source: Crate and Barrel|
|Source: West Elm|
If you are looking for more bedroom inspiration check out:
This room from Real Simple
This room also from Real Simple
This room from Stacey Willey
This room inspiration board from So Haute Style
This room from A House and Home
Click here to see my own before and after photos.