As an esthetician, I always purchase high quality skin care for the face, but for the body? Nope! $30+ on something that just goes down the drain? No, thank you...I will make my own!
Here is what I use (from my pantry):
- 1 cup of sugar (I like sugar rather than salt, because it does not sting your skin)
- 2 tbsp or so of olive oil, jojoba or grape seed oil
- (Optional) A few drops of essential oil of your choosing - orange and lavender are a favorite
-Apply to skin in circular motions
Why use a scrub?
Scrubs make your self tanner go on without streaks. They get rid of the dead skin so your oils and moisturizers can better penetrate the skin, and they make your skin silky soft!
- Use your scrub before you shave.
- Use it every other day to keep ingrown hairs away.
- Apply lotion afterwards.
- Add coffee grounds from your mornings coffee to invigorate your skin. I thank my friend Lisa for this one! :)