If you are looking for a sweet new recipe to try, this banana bread is easy and yummy. It's a spin-off of my grandma's banana bread, and so far people have had nothing but good things to say about it.
First I'll give you the basics ---
You will need -
• 3 medium bananas (if they are a little brownish that's better because they are sweeter)
• 2 large eggs ( I use three if I need a little extra moisture in my bread)
• 1/2 cup of Crisco (you can substitute butter if desired)
• 1 cup of sugar
• 2 cups of flour
• 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
• pinch of salt
* Preheat your oven to 350
Mix the first four ingredients together then add the dry ingredients. Stir to a very smooth creamy consistency.
Grease your favorite pan and pop it in the oven. Bake until golden brown, usually 25-30 mins. If you stick a knife in it and it comes out clean, it's done.
This basic recipe is really great if you like traditional banana bread, but we like to put a spin on it...